Monday 5 May 2008

Feature Wall...

I intially did not want to do a feature wall. Main reason was $$$. However after visiting the audio store (end up buying my audio equipment from there too), I was convinced by all the talks of how it will beautify and complements the audio equipment. And so I got the recommendation of the person from the owner of the audio store (he did the audio store renovation as well) to do up a design for me. This is what he came up with.



On further discussion, I discovered the cost he quoted (think it around 1.5K) does not includes the cabinet he drew. Told him my budget includes everything and got him to re-design again. This time, he suggested doing up the feature wall using wood strips and wallpaper, to create that japan home look. He told me that wallpaper is cheaper than having the wall painted. As for me, as long as the final $$$ looks fitting to my budget.

And since I was there, I selected the laminate for the cabinet and wallpaper for the feature wall as well.

Wallpaper

Laminate for AV cabinet

No comments: